Abilities - Shield Block and Shield Slam damage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Abilities - Shield Block and Shield Slam damage

Post by Atina on Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 8:28

I'm not sure how to describe this bug but here it goes,
So with the 3.2.0 patch there was a major change with block value and Shield Slam and how they work:
Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The benefit from additional block value this ability(Shield Slam) gains is now subject to diminishing returns. Diminishing returns occur once block value exceeds 30 times the player's level and caps the maximum damage benefit from shield block value at 37.5 times the player's level.
I believe this part actually works BUT there is one but Smile , this ability:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Shield_Block
it doubles the block value in addition to the 100% block chance and it works, so far so good you would say but no. With my gear and buffs bla bla all the stuff in raids, I can block around 3800-4500 damage when Shield Block is used. The problem comes when i use Shield Slam. It continues to deal damage as if I haven't used Shield Block at all. So instead of doing around 20k crits with it I'm stuck with BARELY doing 10k crit IF I'm lucky(protection gear has no armor penetration you know :@). Which of course leads to lowering my threat(as if it's not low as shit already >.<)
P.S. I don't have warrior on retail so i would like a confirmation from someone about this but I'm 99% sure I'm right Very Happy
Atina
Royal Guardian

Character sheet
Character Name: Atina
Race : Draenei
Class: Warrior Warrior

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum