New MMO player!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New MMO player!

Post by Elune on Mon 28 May 2012 - 15:18

Ok, so this topic is made mostly 'cause I was bored as hell. I will give little guide for new MMO player, player who just started playing WoW w/o any friends on it.

Horde/Alliance, it really doesn't matter.

PS. This can actually be helpful to some players.

When you create your character, it is time to start levelling. As you do not know anyone on this server, you will have to start normal levelling via questing. First thing you should do is finish quests at your starting levelling zone, 'till level 6-10. Loot everything you can, and sell it for choppers/silvers. Also, if you are Warlock for example, do IMP quest at beginning, same goes for everyone, do 1 or 2 easy starting quests (most prefer those that don't require killing a lot of adds). When you collect at least 3-5 silvers, learn all magics till level 6 at your starting zone. Move to the closest capital town near you.

Now, Horde, go to Orgrimmar, and Ally should go to Stormwind. When you get there, here are few suggestions.
1) Make your hearthstone in Orgrimmar/Stormwind.
2) Check bank/ah/dueling in front of city, and start begging for gold. Asking politely like, "Hello, can you please spare some gold for learning new abilities? I am new on server and don't have any friend to help me. Sad" Will most of the time grant you few extra golds you need. Remember this is major thing, you can earn from 20 - 500 golds if you are persistent.
3) After you get some golds, move to the bag vendor (SW -> Letherworking trainer, OG -> Somewhere in Drag or w/e is name of that tunnel). Buy 4 bags.
4) Learn all weapons that you can at Weapon Trainer.
5) Now, this is for no lifers, 'cause if you do this, you will waste a lot of time during leveling. Learn professions. (Better is to learn them once you are 80 with ur riding abilities).
6) Set your flight point as well as Inkeeper. Buy food/mana for highest lvl you are (probably 5).

That is it. After that, you are good to start leveling. Move to the closest town/village/w/e and start doing quests. Do not skip any q. Take everything then do what is easiest for you. Also, few important Interface settings that will help you during leveling and entire gaming later.

1) Interface -> Combat - Cast Bars (on target) Check (I will use "X" as "Check" from now on).
Interface -> Combat - Cast Bars (on nameplates) X
Interface -> Combat - Target on Targer (always) X
Interface -> Combat - Auto Attack - Auto Shoot X

2) Interface -> Display - Show Free Bag Space X
Interface -> Display - Show Item Level X

3) Interface -> Objectives - first 4 -> X

4) Interface -> Social - Mature Language Filter -> X If you wanna listen on "global" swearing and trolling.

5) Interface -> Action Bars - X all of them, except Lock Action Bars and Always Show Action Bars

6) Interface -> Combat Text - Target Damage, Healing (X) and w/e else you want you can (X) except Auras X

7) Interface -> Camera - Never adjust camera X, Max Camera Distance -> SET TO MAX

Cool Interface -> Features - Preview Talent Changes X

That should be everything. You can use some more or less, depending if you like it or not. Also, on level 10, /join global. That is public channel on mmorpg4all.

Ok now, about levelling, I won't be telling you what quests to do and what not, this is not that kind of guide. But I will give some major tips about that.
1) Always check flight points. Even when you think you won't come there every again, check it.
2) Never skip quests. Take every quest, and then see which one will you do. Try doing as much as you can in closest area. If you are at some place where you can do 2 quests, do both of them b4 you move to next area.
3) When your quest becomes green or gray, you can skip them unless they are really easy to do. When you skip them move to next areas. I will give some tips where to go according to your level (H/A).
a) Horde -> Starting Zone (6-10) -> Orgrimmar (10) -> Razor Hill (10-17) -> The Barrens (15 - 28) -> Thousend Needles (25 - 38/39/40) -> Tanaris (40 - 52) -> Un Goro Crater (50-60) -> Hellfire Peninsula (58 - 65/66) -> Zangarmarsh (64 - 68/69) -> Terrokar Forest (65 - 70) -> Borean Thundra / Howling Fjord (68 - 75/76/77/78) -> Gundrak Arena (Starting quest is in Dalaran Suer from goblind that is runing around) (78 - 80) / or you can do quests in Dragonblight/Storm Peaks.
b) Alliance -> Starting Zone (6-10) -> Stormwind -> Elwyn Forest -> Westfall -> Duskwood -> STV -> Blasted Lands -> Hellfire Peninsula (58 - 65/66) -> Zangarmarsh (64 - 68/69) -> Terrokar Forest (65 - 70) -> Borean Thundra / Howling Fjord (68 - 75/76/77/78) -> Gundrak Arena (Starting quest is in Dalaran Suer from goblind that is runing around) (78 - 80) / or you can do quests in Dragonblight/Storm Peaks. (PS. I don't know levels in ally, since i hate ally. I can type tho aprox, but im lazy).
4) After every 10-15 levels, as on 60/70/80, visit your trainer and learn abilities. You can sometimes do even more often if you have some quests to turn near trainers.
5) Take everything that is dropping and sell it for golds. Remember, when ever you have chance, do the Gold Begging. Once you hit level 80, you can farm golds your self.

Ok, since I am already bored writing this shit, I will come to the end. When you hit level 80, farm golds in Icecrown (Voidwalkers at the top of the IC -> Aldur'thar something like that). Farm it / sell it and repeat. You will have good world PVP there as well.

Do RBGs and farm honors. For honors, buy Wrathfull OFF SET and Furious main spec gear. Remember if you are PVP hero, you will only farm this kinda way, if you are PVE hero however, you will just temporarely use this gear.

Farm Wrathfulls/Furious until you become so and so geared. Geared enough that, when you enter RDF (Random Dungeon Finder), you won't get kicked for lacking gear.

Start doing RDF daily, and farm EOF with that. Take every PVE gear that you need, and use it. Start farming professions as well while you are waiting for queues.

Start doing FOS/POS farming, and do those quests, so you don't have trouble joining. Farm EOT and buy T9 set, that will make you go in good guilds easier.

After that, apply for Lone District, and that's it. If you are horde, then gtfo. You finished your job.

Ok trolling can start. Bye.

500 miles
Elune
Chaos

Character sheet
Character Name: Elune
Race : Night Elf Night Elf
Class: Druid Druid

http://requiem-ld.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: New MMO player!

Post by magot on Mon 28 May 2012 - 16:06

/clap good job I have read threw it all, awesome job man!

Character sheet
Character Name: Razorblades
Race : Human Human
Class: Paladin Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluelyon on Mon 28 May 2012 - 16:53

See, when i m not here you get bored Wink

Elune wrote:

After that, apply for Lone District, and that's it. If you are horde, then gtfo.

If you are horde, delete your char and make an ally one:))))

Character sheet
Character Name: TheLock
Class: Warlock Warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan05 on Mon 28 May 2012 - 17:18

omfg Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Penguin on Tue 29 May 2012 - 16:14

Why did you post this here?
Mr.Penguin
Guardian

Character sheet
Character Name: Jayson
Class: Rogue Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly<3 on Wed 30 May 2012 - 5:50

You are realy bored.

Spammer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race :
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutex on Wed 30 May 2012 - 9:27

Anyone else thinks that Elune should make gold begging guide?
This is so useful.

and start begging for gold. Asking politely like, "Hello, can you please spare some gold for learning new abilities? I am new on server and don't have any friend to help me. "

Vote for m4a!
OpenWoW
xTreme top100
WoW private top200
Mutex
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Character Name: Mutex
Race : Night Elf Night Elf
Class: Hunter Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Penguin on Wed 30 May 2012 - 11:31

If you ask politely it's ok, I ignore every oro oro guy or GOLD! GOLD! PLIZZZZZZ!
Mr.Penguin
Guardian

Character sheet
Character Name: Jayson
Class: Rogue Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top